04 May 2006

Astrally Speaking, Of Course (Re-post)

It's time again for a suppository blog insertion by yours truly, Corocet.

Do I speak of the lovely New York Spring? The tree pollen so high I could propell a small hovercraft with my sneezing gusto. But really, it is quite beautiful here right now. Floating above the city one could see a slight haze beginning to form, especially on a day like today. Standing behind a bus, or waiting in a crowded elevator, one really gets the sense of how fast it's going to be sweltering hot. We have to enjoy this while it lasts folks, because in a month, we'll all be complaining about the stench-filled streets and whinging over our "why-the-fuck-doesn't-this-shit-work!?!" roll-on deodorants. Personally, second to fall (maybe even tied), Spring has been my favorite season so far in the city.

Do I dare speak of my blossoming theory that James Iha of Smashing Pumpkins fame is going to be this summer's "Itgirl" for Manhattan nightlife and bar culture? I see his blond-gone-bad Asian ass ALL OVER THE PLACE. Almost always downtown (in my neighborhood), almost always somewhere borderline but not-quite mainstream, and always with a confused Keanu kind-of look on his face. It's so sexy and random I think if he simply cashes in on his elusive/everywhere thing he's obviously got going on, he could make a mint.

Do I talk about how reading Albert Camus' The Fall has made me that much more excited about life, and about society's (and in turn my own personal) evolution? His words have a timeless quality about them, yet at the same time they date his philosophies. Here's a quote I loved: "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question." Another: "No man is a hypocrite in his pleasures".

Maybe I'll discuss my dreams. After fighting with my Self, my enemies, family, and friends - waking myself up screaming though tears - I wake up feeling like I've truly said my piece, nobody wins, and we all just move on with our lives. Pretty heady shit, and I'm not talkin' 'bout no Devil weed. But maybe I should? Ah who cares, weed is pretty boring when it comes down to it.

Maybe I'll talk about my obsession with Stargate SG-1. I tell myself it's based on truth, because it validates my own experiences, but moreover - imagining a world without alien life is too damn depressing. I know personally that alien life exists, but what I don't know is if they are here to help us or enslave us. That sentence may strike some of you as a joke or plain crazy. But as a college graduate, and as a sane, working professional, I swear to all of you reading this right now: my experiences are real (read "Kundalini Activation" in my blog's archive if you don't already believe).

Aliens are here. They can look like us. They can sound like us. And they are watching. As of yet, there is no danger in sight... only an anxious sense of mutual curiosity. But with world affairs in the loveless state they are in right now (Moussaoui told a court filled with people "America lost. I won."), who knows how much faith our alien counterparts have in our ability to handle technology and knowledge responsibly. This is why I love SG-1, and sci-fi in general - because it embraces the notion that man is not the pinnacle (of God's creation), nor the epicenter of the Galaxy. That we have not ARRIVED, and that culturally and technologically we are mere babies - zygotes - in comparison to some of the more advanced alien races that exist in the Universe and whose representatives are already on the same dirt you shovel in your garden, and whose ships watch and wait in the same skies you look at when you wish on stars. While this may sound paranoid circa 12 Monkeys to some, I patiently and positively assure you - I am not afraid of anything (except maybe not living up to my own personal potential), and I am not saying these things to you for any reason other than I think more people need to start waking up to the changing tide around them! Are we as people obligated to fight for truth and spread that word? Are we supposed to enjoy subjugation? Or perhaps are we too concerned with monetary success and the quest for power? You thought the tsunami was crazy?! Wait till First Contact!!! Wait till the aorta of humanity (the common man) gets informed through network and corporate media about who the Annunaki were, and their role in our planet's history.

There is so much to talk about in life that it's a wonder any of us can open our mouths and string together a cohesive thought/phrase/sentence at all. How, and I think more imporantly WHEN will the rest of us realize that linearness is sort of like a red herring in a novel!?! We think it's all about TIME, when time is really just a scene or a setting to color and provide a kind of frame.

I think I'll just talk about nothing. What do YOU think???

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Currently listening : Film School By Film School Release date: 24 January, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment