08 August 2006

The Town Crier Has Lost His Voice (Re-post)

Myspace sorta sucks now in regards to intellectual property (blogs and soforth), so some time soon I'm moving my blog - I just don't know where yet. I've been wanting to start up my own site to shamelessly self-promote, expose, revel in, and share my schnibbles of life ala the cultur/glitterati for some time now; this is the motivation I needed.

So, since we've been apart for so long, I know you're thirsty and hungry and bored, so here is my take on "Today's Specials."

1- What the FUCK is going on in the Middle East?

2- Again - What the FUCK is going on in the Middle East!?!?

3- Fresh Direct really IS good! I especially recommend the Curried Chicken Salad.

4- Manhattan is ridiculously expensive. And the scary thing is that it's only gonna get worse. We are all being squeezed out of this city by rich bitches who've had tons of plastic surgery and only live in their apartments for three weeks out of their jetset year. How's that for a class system? Though the majority of folks who live in NYC make decent money, we live at or below what would be considered poverty-level in other places in our fine country. The real shocker (thank you AM New York) is that the average apartment to own in Manhattan costs $1.3 Million (YES MILLION) dollars. And that's just the average guys. OK. That's enough to chew on regarding THAT.

5- The fucking heat wave can lick my balls. This Wisconsin boy misses wearing sweaters and boots and coats to hide in.

6- Love knocked on my fucking door, and I answered people. If you haven't noticed, I've somehow managed to date the same guy for almost 6 months now! La-ti-da.

7- Even after seeing Madonna (aka OLDFRAPP), Goldfrapp is STILL my obsession. To make things worse, they HAD to come back October 18th to promote their remix album "Glitter" (not to be confused with Mariah's horrible "movie"). The tickets are already purchased, so hopefully I'll see some peepz there other than that psycho ex I always run into at Irving Plaza (tit for tat, Zorba).

8- We are all dying. This is really precious and fragile. All with different end-times and shelf-lives. Enjoy it. Get ready for it.

9- We all know who our "REAL" friends are. This is becomming more apparent every day. Family DOES mean something, just not what we thought before (blood ties, wombs and circumcisions) - it's something more invisible and spiritual and not so physical and geneological (though those things DO figure in... just not as much as the other meatier stuff like soul groups, etc.).

10- Everything matters. Be wary and question anyone who tells you something is not a big deal or something is really THIS way, when your head and heart are screaming the opposite. People are liars, and will do anything to get their way (success, money, power, prestige, Prada, whatever).

11- Live and Let Live people. Live and Let Live.

Until the next installment (hopefully on a new and truly fabulous site!),

Corocet



Currently listening : The Eraser By Thom Yorke Release date: 11 July, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment