27 January 2009

SongSmith from Microsoft

So microsoft launched this new software called SongSmith

http://www.pcworld.com/article/156667/at_ces_microsoft_introduces_the_unexpected_songwriting_software.html



and in case you are deaf/missed that video above, it is ridiculous. And NOT in a good way.



These "ads" make me want to puke all over myself repeatedly. And again - that's not a good thing. I mean so what I'm in advertising. It doesn't take a marketer to realize that their commercials are cheesy out the ass.

But this isn't just a slam piece, cuz that's only half the fun of discovering something as bad as SongSmith people.



So it seems there is one redeeming thing about SongSmith -- Zack Scott is not alone -- A LOT of people are posting videos on YouTube of SongSmith's interpretation of classic songs. And the result (as you can see and more importantly HEAR below) is effing funny. Like 'WTF did I just drop acid and forgot about dropping acid?'

This is but one song from many that YouTuber azz100c posted.

Be your own Judge.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, this shit sounds really scary. nonetheless, there's a part of me that wants to play around with it.

    ReplyDelete