16 November 2005

Of the Lavender Persuasion (Re-post)

I got a bunch of new cds at the Virgin Megastore yesterday, and having heard the whole Madonna cd already at this bar in my neighborhood (Urge), I fully intended on picking up her new ALL DANCE effort. I not only dig it as an electronica aficionado and a house dj/e-music producer, but honestly people, it's just good Madonna. It touches back to the great stuff I love from her like Erotica's "Deeper and Deeper", etc. Sidenote: Erotica got panned by reviewers!?!

Well, I had it in my hand, and then when I am four-deep in line, I look around - there are four people in front of me and three people behind me. Three of the four in front have CONFESSIONS in their hand, ready to repent their fag-sins and dance with wild abandon in their rooms while they masturbate to Antonio Banderas. Two are twinky party boys, but the older is a perplexing 40-something "is-he-gay?" kind of homo.

Bringing up the rear are two black guys, obviously boyfriends or somehow related by semen, one so obviously a top, the other so obviously a bottom.

The caboose looks like he was at Stonewall. THE Stonewall. Remember that?

Finally my turn comes... but where is Madonna? Stuffed into a display of "Virgin" headphones.

Not only will I refuse to be that guy buying the Madonna when it first comes out, but I feel maybe, just maybe, if I get it on vinyl some day soon then at least then I'm not worshiping her. I'm using her. She's helping me to make people dance or feel SOMETHING. I'm not asking her to tell me how to live. I'm not likening Madonna to Oprah, as so many faggots are wont to do. If anything, she will be MY bitch. On my Technics 1200s, I will play her like a baby plays a rattle. And I will love that rattle just as much as mommy watching from the kitchen loves that fucking baby.

Here's my confession, Madonna - I'm ok. You're ok. But the world doesn't need you or your Kaballah beads and Hindu chants to tell them how to live. Just keep makin' the beats and melodies, and the people will dance. Trust me. They always do.

Currently listening : Playing the Angel By Depeche Mode Release date: 18 October, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment