20 January 2006

Number 1 (Re-post)

A loud horn just honked outside for like 20 seconds. It was quiet except for this piercing note. The note struck something inside of me, and my mind floated away with a cloud and my consciousness said "Number 1".


So I turned on the Goldfrapp song and sure enough, the song began with the same clear and powerful note.


Incensed, I got out my Harmonica. I had to know if it was a C. Sure enough, it is a C.


Many scientists and people who work with sound frequencies and pitch, etc. consider C to be like perfection. The way it resonates, and the power the note carries in all of its octaves and in fifths.


Following the feeling - that high you get from synchronicity - I got to Googling.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

** From the discussion **:
Talk:Middle C
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

"There's one pitch in which middle C is 256Hz (philosophical pitch? I can't remember the name). Has the nice advantage of all Cs being powers of 2! -- Tarquin


It is indeed called philosophical pitch (or sometimes "scientific pitch") and was reasonably popular for a while. It's very handy mathematically speaking if the only notes you're going to use are Cs - otherwise the nasty twelfth-roots of equal temperament come along and make all the other pitches things like D=287.350284Hz ;-) I'm going to write about different pitch standards at pitch (music) one day, it's an interesting subject, I think. I'll spruce this page up a bit as well. --Camembert

Then I got to thinking about the mathematical element to a keyboard, music, and C. From my esoteric studies, I know C is considered to be the note of enlightenment and higher consciousness.

I remembered reading about fractals in relation to C, which made me google fractals and pitch and C.

Courtesy of Terry Blackburn.us:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


Experiences like this only support my belief and faith that the theory of Universality, also called the theory of "Everything" will indeed be discovered.

We are everything; everything is connected.

We discover more every day.

Currently listening : Number 1 By Goldfrapp Release date: 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment