09 January 2006

Oh Heathcliff - It's me Cathy. I've come home! (Re-post)

Daydreaming while going to the deli to get pudding to make. Smoking a cigarette outside, the many bunches of roses - their smell, their count, their beauty - made me think

"Maybe you really are a romantic?"

I questioned what color I would buy. Definitely not red. Or white for that matter. But what color? The yellow? The burnt gray-yellow? The pink? Surely not.

Then the tulips caught my eye. Sweet and unassuming, their clumsy and hesitant flowers had not even bloomed yet. Their potential had not yet been realized.

The daydream gains steam. Grande. For the sake of making history, I question how I would like to show up at his door. Would the Cure's "Pictures of You" be playing? What would I be wearing? What does the look in his eyes say when he opens the door? Can my kisses make him cry out of joy? Am I wearing a trenchcoat with no clothes on underneath except for a pair of skimpy briefs, or will my outfit say "I'm playing it cool man."? Will I have a hat on? A scarf? A hat over my heart with the flowers extended like a treaty (or maybe an offering to a pagan god)?

What will my heart say? My eyes will give me away.

A confession? A bribe?

"I'll let you love me, and I'll love you with all my heart as long as you don't try to hurt me."

No that would never work.

A smirk?

Always the gentleman. There is no deception here.

Cup spilling over. Wuthering Heights.

Like a vampire, I wouldn't dare enter any home, or cross any threshold unless invited. But what I wouldn't give to bury my senses -- to feast on the joy, pain, and wonder that is you.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Currently listening : Whole Story By Kate Bush Release date: 25 October, 1990

No comments:

Post a Comment